Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tipsy Parson

What's better than breakfast and lunch?

Brunch. Well, more importantly, Sunday brunch. There's something fresh about Sunday mornings in the summer. It was a beautiful morning to be out in the city. I woke up early to catch the train to Manhattan for brunch with Erika and Jacqui, and found myself strolling through the quaint neighborhood of Chelsea.


Jacqui had suggested Tipsy Parson, a charming restaurant that served American comfort food like biscuits and gravy, pancakes, sandwiches and more.


It was crowded, but we were lucky to get a table at the back of the room. Jacqui and Erika each went for the lemon-cornmeal pancakes, served with blueberries, bananas, lemon butter and maple syrup. 



I got the Belgian waffle, adorned with peaches, whipped cream and brown sugar butter. All of us agreed that it was the fluffiest waffle we'd ever tasted. Waffles usually have a slight crisp to them, but this one was really, really fluffy! I loved it.

Even though we were full, we couldn't resist sharing the Biscuit Bomb, a buttermilk-chive biscuit topped with melted cheddar. It resembled a small mountain spewing stringy cheese that ran along the thick, cracked wall. 

Jacqui cut it in half, and it pretty much exploded. The biscuit crumbled onto the plate, and nestled in the heart of all that delicious mess was a chunk of homemade sausage. And boy, it was everything I'd imagined it to be. I guess it's named Biscuit Bomb for a reason. I know I'm being cheesy, but I love it when restaurants get creative with their food!


New York is peppered with so many hidden gems... and Tipsy Parson is definitely one of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment